I2TSII Clearance Requirement: Active TS/SCI security clearance required. Please do not apply if you do not meet this minimum requirement.
Role & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks. Successful candidate will have extensive knowledge in IP networking, utilizing Juniper (firewalls), and Cisco router, switches, and firewalls; and all types of IP routing utilizing routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP and BGP. Candidate must have a strong background with SNMP. The candidate must have experience integrating, installing and troubleshooting global enterprise networks, to include QOS implementation on IP networks. Candidate must also have extensive knowledge with layer 2 and layer 3 technologies, specifically having experience with Cisco and Juniper networking equipment. The ideal candidate will have data center networking experience. Familiar with all data, voice, and video protocol formats and algorithms.
Additionally, other tasks will include:
1. Analyzes, administers, maintains, and monitors voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security including boundary/perimeter protection and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures such as Defense in Depth.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Position may involve strenuous activity, such as standing for long periods, lifting heavy objects (i.e. IT hardware), bending/crouching to reach cords requiring plug in etc.
Education and Experience: